诗三百中英文赏析之01击鼓(邶风)

发表时间:2024-02-03来源: RACFLT
字体:[大][中][小][打印][关闭]

诗三百中英文赏析之01击鼓(邶风)

击鼓其镗,踊跃用兵。

Beating the drums resoundingly, joyfully engaging in warfare.

土国城漕,我独南行。

Building the earthworks of a city-state, I alone journey south.


从孙子仲,平陈与宋。

Following Sun Zi Zhong, pacifying Chen and Song.

不我以归,忧心有忡。

Not allowing me to return, anxiety fills my heart.


爰居爰处,爰丧其马。

She dwells here, she resides there, yet when I seek her, her horse is lost.

于以求之,于林之下。

Desperately searching for it, beneath the trees in the forest.


死生契阔,与子成说。

Life and death, bonded together, we agreed.

执子之手,与子偕老。

Holding your hand, growing old together.


于嗟阔兮,不我活兮!

Alas, we are separated, I can't live without you!

于嗟洵兮,不我信兮!

Alas, you are distant, you don't trust me anymore!


Poetic interpretation:


鼓声敲得镗镗地响,欢乐地在练武。以土筑漕城的时候,单独我被派往南边。


The drum beats resound loudly, joyfully training for warfare. 


When building the earthworks of a city-state, I was sent alone to the south.


跟随孙子仲去和睦陈宋,可是回卫的时候,不让我一起回去,使我忧愁得不得了。


I followed Sun Zi Zhong to make peace with Chen and Song, but when it was time to return home, 


I was not allowed to go back, causing me great sorrow.


她在这里居,她在这里住,可是再来找她的时候,不见了她的马。急忙地来追寻,终在株野的林下找到了。


She lived here, she stayed there, but when I came to find her again, her horse was nowhere to be found.


 Hastily searching for it, I finally found it beneath the trees in the forest.


曾经与你相好,死生离合,与你彼此相悦。咱们手牵着手,白头偕老。


Once we were close, through life and death, we agreed with each other. 


Hand in hand, we would grow old together.


现在离别了,不再与我见面了!现在远离了,不再相信我了!


Now we are parted, never to meet again! Now you are distant, no longer trusting me!